German-Iranian teen kills at least nine in Munich attack

MUNICH, Germany (APP) – Nine people died in a shooting rampage Friday in a Munich shopping centre with several people gravely injured, police said, in what they described as a suspected terror attack.

“At the moment we can confirm nine dead people including killer and several injured, whose number is not yet clear,” police said in a statement.
“Police are still carrying out a major mobilisation. At this time none of the assailants could be apprehended.”
dp reports:
A police spokesman told a news conference earlier that many of the injuries were serious.
The spokesman told reporters that “at least three shooters” were still at large and reported to be armed with “long guns”.
Another police spokesman had told AFP earlier that “terrorism” was suspected in the deadly rampage.
Some witnesses reported seeing “Arab-looking men” among the suspects, according to police sources.
Asked about a possible Islamist motive to the shootings at the news conference, the police spokesman said authorities had “no indication” of such a link.
Residents have been ordered to stay at home and public transportation has been suspended.
Munich police said Saturday that the shooter in a deadly shopping mall rampage was an 18-year-old German-Iranian man whose motive was “completely unclear”.
“The perpetrator was an 18-year-old German-Iranian from Munich,” police chief Hubertus Andrae told reporters after the massacre that left 10 people dead including the gunman.
“The motive or explanation for this crime is completely unclear.”
Share on Google Plus

Contact Us:

Any body may contact us via comment for any quiry. We will respond in earlier moments.